So much going on! Here’s a list:
- My friends Martha and Tom threw a party in their beautiful home to launch the paperback version of The Flower Bowl Spell. I also did my first official reading from the book in this venue. As opposed to workshopping it. Wow, it felt good to crack open a copy of the book, bend back the cover, and try to make an audience chuckle again!
- Colette of ABG Reads Book Blog Tours put together a fun, amazing book trailer. It’s on YouTube. Find it by clicking here. Share it, like it, and watch it a few times just for kicks.
- My ABG Reads Book Blog Tour starts tomorrow! For more information, click here, but I’ve copied the schedule below as well. I hope the links work.
June 11- Truth, Beauty Freedom & Books-ReviewJune 12- On The BroomstickJune 14 A Buckeye Girl Reads- ExcerptJune 15-Amys Booket List- ReviewJune 16- Amys Booket List- Guest PostJune 18- A Buckeye Girl Reads- Guest PostJune 19- Hanging With Bells- FeatureJune 20- Hanging With Bells- Guest PostJune 21- Col ReadsJune 22-Zombiegirl ShamblingJune 23- Possession Of Books ReviewFor The Love of Film And Novels-Guest PostJune 25- boeklogboek Review
- On Thursday, June 14, I’m heading up to Marin to the Book Passage Children Writer’s & Illustrators Conference. I really hope to get a lot out of this as I draft the young adult prequel to The Flower Bowl Spell. I’m also excited in a fanboy sort of way to meet Annie Barrows. My daughter adores her Ivy & Bean series.
- On a personal note, my son turns 4 tomorrow. He’s our sweet little guy, and I don’t want to forget his special day in all of this. Four years ago today, I was lying in a hospital room on day 11 of bed-rest, my water having broke 8 weeks too soon, I was hoping to incubate him a while longer. He was born the next morning, small at 4 lbs. and some change, but strong. Today, he’s our intelligent, thoughtful, easy-going boy, and my inspiration to live life everyday with wonder, curiosity, and gratitude.
OK, I’m going to go watch Captain America now (Here’s a shout out to grad school comrades Stephen McFeely and Christopher Markus, who are the movie’s screenwriters). Visit the tour, tell your friends, and thank you so much for continuing to read this blog. Please leave a comment if you feel inclined. I haven’t had one in ages, and I’m wondering if the function is working.